About Bakewell Wool Gathering
Join us for a weekend of all things woolly!
Our wool festival has almost 50 exhibitors selling:
- Hand dyed yarns and fibres
- Wheels and spindles
- Needles and hooks
- Kits, patterns, and books
- Gifts and accessories
- Raw fleeces
and much much more!
Bakewell Wool Gathering is a wool festival for yarn lovers and crafters, based at Bakewell Agricultural Centre in the Peak District.
We bring together exhibitors who sell wool related goods and the people who want to try them. We try to cover a wide range of yarn crafts and fill the hall with colour and creativity.
Bakewell Wool Gathering is run by Wool Gatherings Ltd. We’re a company registered in England and our company number is 14112793.
We're turning ten!
We’re so excited to have reached this milestone and can’t wait to share it with you! We have a list of ways to celebrate (cake! balloons!) and will be posting about some of these over on our social media.
If there’s anything you’d like to see us do, let us know!
Whether you’re into spinning, felting, weaving, crochet, or good old knitting, there’s something for you. All in a stunning location with some of the friendliest, craftiest people around.
Bakewell is the ideal location for a woolly event. It’s in the centre of England and easily accessed from across the Midlands, North West, North Wales and Yorkshire.
You can buy tickets online on the tickets page.
Please note that you can only bring disability assistance dogs into the Centre. We also ask that you only take photos with stallholders’ permission, and keep food and drink away from stalls. There is an on site cafe where you can eat.
Exhibitor and marketing information
Our exhibitors information page contains details of how to apply, including key dates.
If you have missed the deadline for applications, have you considered applying for Buxton Wool Gathering?
You are able to advertise in the visitor brochure whether you are an exhibitor or not, at the following costs:
- Quarter page: £25.00
- Half page: £50.00
- Full page: £100.00
If you’d like to do this, please get in touch through our contact form.
If you’re interested in covering Bakewell Wool Gathering on your blog or website, magazine or newspaper, please contact us. We can also provide flyers for you to distribute – if you’d like some, get in touch!
We run a fleece stall to sell unprocessed fleeces. If you’d like to sell any then please read the following rules:
- You must deliver any fleece before we open at 10am on either day.
- Fleeces must be clean and in a suitable bag.
- Each bag must have a notice attached stating: breed, approximate weight, name of farm and contact details.
- There is a fixed charge of £1 per bag which has to be paid on delivering the fleeces.
- All unsold fleeces and monies from sales must be collected before 4.30pm on Sunday. Any fleeces not collected will be sold to the highest bidder and all proceeds given to the Rare Breed Trust. You will be asked to sign to agree to this.